Google Search

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

What knife do you carry?

Whether you are a police officer, military service member, or a civilian, and whether you are on duty or not, most of us carry a knife on our person.  I doubt that the majority of us carry a "Crocodile Dundee - That's not a knife, this is a knife" knife, but for the reason of having one on on our person, whether it be for functionality or for self defense, tends to be a common trend with law enforcement, the military, and the average citizen.


So the question that I pose to you; What knife do you carry?  This is not a closed ended question.  If you carry more than one knife, or different ones at different times, please explain.

Most of the time I carry a fully serrated Spyderco Delica.  It is my general utility knife that I use on patrol and out on the range.  I can beat the living dog crap out of it and if I lose it or break it, I'm only out a few bucks, instead of losing or breaking a $200 knife.  

In the picture above, these are a few knives that I have carried over the years, but definitely not all of them.  The bottom knife pictured (with the wooden handle) was given to me by an Iraqi Security Guard outside of the Minister of Interior's Office in Baghdad in trade for an inexpensive Benchmade knife.

No comments:

Post a Comment